Thursday, April 24, 2008

The world is smaller then we think...

Howdy -

So this is a break from the regular house updates to blog about something that amazes me.

We have been having AMAZING weather the past week or so, however, the past few days there has been a haze in the air. Apparently so many people called the local weather service station that our local newspaper ran an article on where the haze is coming from.

The fact that we have a haze isn't amazing, it is what is causing the haze that blows my mind. It is actually coming from 2 sources. First, a forest fire in Russia...Second, a sandstorm in the Gobi Desert in Mongolia!

The Russian fire isn't that surprising, Alaska is very close to Russia, so I guess that I can see that. But a sandstorm in a Mongolian desert affecting the weather here in Anchorage, Alaska?? That is pretty crazy.

I'm not sure why, but this news story just amazes me. Here is the link...http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/ap_alaska/story/384424.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto for me. I couldn't believe that when I read it. Pretty cool stuff. For some reason, I find it interesting that I could be breathing dust from a completely different continent.