Thursday, March 10, 2011

Northern Lights from our living room

Tonight we were treated to one of the most amazing Northern Lights displays that I have ever seen here in Anchorage.

Normally the lights are very faint in the city because of all the city lights, you generally have to get out of town to really see them...well, not tonight!

From our living room we watched the colors dance across the night sky in amazing fashion!

I was able to get a couple of photos, they don't do it justice at all, but you can at least see that I am not lying ;o)

The lights are really hard to photograph, and I think this is the first time that I have ever been able to actually catch them on camera. Only the blues and greens showed up, but there were streaks of pink in there as well.

Simply amazing to watch when they are out in force.


No comments: