Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Monday...

Monday was our last full day in Ireland. How sad, but what a great day it was. Today we finally saw our first rain of the entire trip! It rained on us for about 30 minutes before actually turning into another nice day.

This morning we went and toured St. Patrick's Cathedral. Built in 1191, St. Patrick's is the largest church in Ireland. It was beautiful. the stained glass work and the detail were amazing! After St. Patrick's we went and toured the Guinness Brewery! It was an amazing facility that covers 7 floors with a bar on the top floor. The building is shaped to look like a huge Guinness pint glass, pretty cool! Sherri doesn't like Guinness (what is wrong with her!?!?!) so I got to have her, and my free drinks!! I was even able to pour my own pint of Guinness and I now have a certificate naming me as an official "Guinness Perfect Pint Crafter". I will probably be adding this to my resume soon. The facility was just awesome and was a main highlight of the trip for me. Any time you are allowed to have 3 pints of Guinness before lunch is pretty great.

After Guinness we went back to Temple Bar for lunch and to do some more shopping.

We soon went back to our hotel to start packing for our early morning flight back to America.

I will give a brief trip recap and wrap up in the next couple day but I can say that this trip has been amazing. Far above expectations.

Here are some pictures from our last day in Ireland:

(This is the Oliver St. John Gogarty Pub in Temple Bar)

(the pint I poured. It's perfect, the head crests the top of the glass but doesn't run down the side!)

(Sherri having fun in the Guinness store)

(me pouring my pint)

(this is an elementary school group that was touring the Guinness brewery. You know you are in Europe when...)

(inside St. Patrick's Cathedral)

(just a small part of the cathedral exterior, it was HUGE)

1 comment:

The Legg Fam said...

Wow!!! I love all the pictures. What a Great trip for you guys!!!